top of page
Search

Wow! That was quick!

No sooner have I written "If we really need a "Garden Village" can I very politely suggest you stick it up the North of the Borough?" than my wish is (almost) granted! I am not seriously claiming Berkley Homes are avid readers of the green4grow blog, but you have to admit the timing is perfect. Take a look here: https://twyfordgardens.co.uk/ It seems that Berkley Homes, with an eye on the ball and an ear to the ground has come up with this:


"Over the last 10 years 97% of the Wokingham Borough’s housing growth has been in the south of the Borough with just 3% in the northern parishes of Charvil, Remenham, Ruscombe, Sonning, Twyford and Wargrave. All four of Wokingham Borough’s existing Strategic Development Locations are in the south of the Borough...Through Wokingham’s new Local Plan there is an opportunity to allocate land for development in the north of the Borough near Twyford and achieve a more balanced strategy. Local Authorities can review Green Belt boundaries when they review their Local Plans. In this case, there is an opportunity to create a sustainable new neighbourhood and homes near to the Borough’s best public transport links and to reduce pressure on the south of the Borough".


Please take the time to take a look, and there is space for you to leave your feedback here:

https://twyfordgardens.co.uk/next-steps-and-feedback/ I leave you with this from the same site: "This imbalance could become more severe in future, as the Local Plan Update proposes 4,500 homes in the south of the borough at Hall Farm, and no strategic development in the north".


It's almost like they read my mind ;-)





87 views1 comment

Recent Posts

See All

1 Comment


garycowan75
garycowan75
Jan 07, 2022

Well worth a look is www.twyfordgardens.co.uk which I might add that Wokingham's Conservatives are not even considering. I am not saying its perfect but it shows that the Northern Parishes could take their share of houses and not just the 3% leaving the Southern Parishes to take 97%. Its called the Conservative Housing Policy

Like
bottom of page